Run for Upgrade!

I woke up 4:30 AM.

The bus to Incheon International Airport left the hotel at 5:30 AM. I arrived at the airport at 6:40 AM.

I checked in using an automated check-in machine, then I went to Seven-Eleven on the first floor to buy candies to the office workers and my students of the institute.

I went through the immigration, and then looked around shops in the airpot to look for souvenirs for Katya.

Before the departure, I spent my time in a Sky Team lounge, taking a light breakfast.

Then I got on a Delta plane for Honolulu bound for Narita.

I took a seat, half asleep. A male passenger came to me with a boarding pass with the same seat number. Cabin attendants came, took my boarding pass, talked with walkie-talkies, and took me out from the plane.  I was out alone.

Double-booking! They chose me out instead of the guy probably because his destination was Honolulu, while mine was Narita.

“Very sorry. It was our mistake. We arranged a business-class seat of  KAL for you. It leaves in 30 min.”

It was not a bad situation, I thought at that moment. I might be able to have some rest on a better seat.

I thought I would directly go to another gate for the departure, but it was wrong. A lady suddenly started running up the stairs.

“Are we running?” She looked back at me and nodded. I had a suitcase with no wheels and a backpack with me, so it was not a pleasant idea running. But I thought it was only to the different gate. Wrong!

I do not know exactly why we had to do, but the lady and I went through the security areas twice. We went to an immigration office once, where bureaucratic documentations were proceeded. On the way, the lady grabbed a cart, put her and my bags, and started pushing it and running much faster.  ”This way, we can go faster!!”

We had to take a tram once. I think it saved her life from a heart attack.

Thanks very much to her, I was able to get on a plane to Narita.

The seat was of a shell-type, even for a very short flight between Incheon and Narita.

I got sweated. It was better taking an economy-class seat directly to Narita without running around. But the seat was,  yes, fine. I was able to sleep for 20 minutes.

The plane arrived at Narita at 2:30 PM. I took a bus to Kofu leaving at 2:55 PM. I did not, therefore, loose time by taking a different plane.

I saw Katya and Maya-san at 6:20 PM. At home, Katya served very good borsch.

I gave Katya a neckless. I spread candies on the carpet.

I felt my back tired because of the running with my suitcase.

About Muravej

Hello! I am a scientist running apartments in Tokyo and Yokohama. If you are willing to live in Japan, please get in touch.
This entry was posted in Apartment, cooking, Daily life, Katya, Liesure, Maya-san, Shops, Trip and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>